The Rail Engineering Operative Apprenticeship programme has been designed so apprentices will become multi-disciplined in track work and gain a wider variety of skills and knowledge, resulting in a more diverse and broader career progression routes.
- Earn while you learn
- Gain and develop new skills
- Excellent career prospects
- Secure Employment
- Receive on-the-job training
- Obtain a practical qualification
QUALIFICATIONS and COMPETENCIES
You will achieve a Level 2 in Rail Engineering Competence and a Level 2 in Rail Engineering Technical Knowledge. If you do not hold a Level 2 in Maths and English, you will be expected to achieve this in your programme.
Rail Engineering Operatives provide support to Rail Technicians and Engineers on railway structures such as track, electrification, overhead lines and signalling. Those working within the occupation of Rail Engineering are responsible for the safe construction, installation, maintenance, and renewal of the railway to provide a safe and reliable railway for customers.
TRAINING COURSES YOU WILL RECEIVE
- PTS ACC, DCCR, ICI, Track Induction
- OLEC 1
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- Small Tools and Equipment which can include tools like: Strimmer/Brushcutter, Hand Trolley, Cobra TT/Robel, Impact Wrench, etc.
To be eligible you must be 18+, be able to demonstrate a basic ability with Maths and English, be passionate about the industry. A UK Driving Licence is desirable but not essential.