Applicable across Wales and England
What are the benefits of this qualification to the learner and employer?
- This NVQ qualification is appropriate for employees in the construction and built environment sector who work across a broad range of areas. It is designed to assess occupational competence in the workplace where learners must demonstrate skills and knowledge to a level required in the construction industry.
- BTEC Specialist qualifications provide much of the underpinning knowledge and understanding for the National Occupational Standards for the sector. The qualifications also provide career development opportunities for those already in work.
This qualification allows the employer to select area specific pathways for each individual from the following options:
Modular pavement construction, laying kerbs and channels, general building operations, drainage construction, non-structural concreting, general construction, excavation and reinstatement.
I’ve worked in construction for a very long time but this is the first time I’ve had the chance to gain a qualification. I’m very grateful to VGC for their belief in my abilities: now I plan to gain my supervisor qualification.” Apprentice, Scott McKay on completing his Apprenticeship for VGC Group in partnership with ARC Academy UK.
- Available as an apprenticeship when combined with BTEC
- CITB Levy Recognised
What can be achieved?
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Construction Operations – Construction Operations
- Blue skilled worker CSCS Card