Applicable across Wales and England
What are the benefits of this Apprenticeship to the learner and employer?
- The NVQ qualification gives learners the opportunity to: develop and demonstrate competence in the construction and built environment sector, such as civil engineering operatives, concreters, construction operatives and highways maintenance/road workers, develop technical skills and knowledge and understanding related to the specified job roles in construction and the built environment.
- BTEC Specialist qualifications provide much of the underpinning knowledge and understanding for the National Occupational Standards for the sector. The qualifications also provide career development opportunities for those already in work.
This qualification allows the employer to select area specific pathways for each individual from the following options:
Modular pavement construction, flexible pavement construction, laying kerbs and channels, drainage construction, non-structural concreting, general construction, excavation and reinstatement.
Opportunity is everything. Giving a young person the opportunity to work for a better future is rewarding not only for the apprentice but also for the employer, who will benefit from a dedicated workforce with individuals who value the importance of learning and applying new skills.
- Available as a standalone NVQ
- Available as an apprenticeship when combined with BTEC (see page 10)
- Apprenticeship levy funding can be used
- CITB Levy Recognised
What can be achieved?
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Construction Operations – Highways Maintenance
- Level 2 BTEC Diploma in Construction Occupations – Construction Operation
- Minimum level 1 Math and English
- Blue skilled worker CSCS Card