Applicable across England only
What are the benefits of this Apprenticeship to the learner and employer?
Piling is a highly specialised but niche part of the construction process for any significant project. As such it has a long-term challenge to bring in talented people and train them to the level of competence required to ensure that the foundations, they are building are constructed safely and meet exacting quality standards.
“As the competition for skilled people increases, apprenticeships allow businesses to effectively fill their skill gaps and plan ahead. Government schemes like higher apprenticeships, which offer degree level qualifications, also allow you to develop existing staff. That’s why three quarters of employers believe apprentices have helped to cut recruitment costs.”
How is it achieved?
- Achieve Level 1 and up to Level 2 Maths and English
- Achieve Level 2 NVQ in Piling Operations
- Complete an End Point Assessment (EPA)
- Technical test – Tested in a ‘live’ environment supporting one of the relevant techniques of Piling Operations. This test will assess practical demonstration of the required skills, knowledge and behaviours.
- Professional interview – conducted by a panel of assessors.
- Structured around the completed logbook to assess level of knowledge, skills and behavioural competence. Includes generic occupational questions and questions specific to the achieved piling process
What will be gained?
- Piling Attendant Level 2 Standard Apprenticeship
- Level 2 NVQ in Piling Operations
- Minimum level 1 Math and English
- Blue skilled worker CSCS Card